[Zope-dev] Zope 2 Beta 3 win32 release major problem

Robert Leftwich robert@leftfieldcorp.com
Sun, 08 Aug 1999 09:42:51 +1000

I have found what appears to be a major problem with the
pack/undo/database. If I add a file to the database using the File entry
from the New Item drop down list or use webdav to drop the file into the
top level Zope folder and then pack the database, the creation of this
file is still present in the undoable transactions list after the pack.
If I then try to undo the file creation transaction the database becomes
corrupted in the first case or it still thinks that the file is present
(i.e. it appears in the top level tree) but it cannot be navigated to or
viewed, etc in the second case.

I have a feeling that this is related to a problem I saw in b1 and the
continuing inability of bbb.py to import my existing 1.10.3 database
correctly (both of which no-one on the list or DC followed up on - which
surprised me given the instability which resulted), but I could be
wrong.

Can anyone else reproduce it ?

My setup is :

Zope 2.0.0b3
IE5
NT(SP4)
Newly created database (i.e. delete all files in var sub-directory and
restart Zope)

Robert Leftwich

PS Yes, I know patches are gratefully accepted, but I want to make sure
this is a genuine problem across the board before investing any time in
it. Besides it looks like the kind of problem that someone intimately
familiar with the ZODB3 internals should be able to put their finger on
very quickly - hint, hint Jim :-)