[Zope-dev] Zope scheduler any one.

Michael Collins Michael_Collins@amchoor.ndim.edrc.cmu.edu
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:48:00 -0400

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.04.9908131348310.16453-100000@emerald.netskate.ru
> >, Oleg Broytmann <phd@emerald.netskate.ru> writes
> >On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Robin Becker wrote:
> >> Any plans for a Zope scheduler ie a means of getting certain things done
> >> periodically. I would like to pack the database automatically fairly
> >> regularly, and periodically remove certain user folders and the like.
> >
> >   cron + Client.py?
> >
> >> --
> >> Robin Becker
> >
> >Oleg.
> >----
> >    Oleg Broytmann        Netskate/Inter.Net.Ru        phd@emerald.netskate.ru
> >           Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
> >
> Needs the password in another file, isn't configurable over the net and
> last but not least Win32=nocron, could use task manager I suppose. It's
> sure quick and dirty for my use though :)
> --
> Robin Becker

Hmm, we wrote a medusa-like application around here a while back that could
store asynchronous events in a select-based event loop, we were basically
replicating Tcl's after command.  That would be the easiest way to do so.

It buggers up keyboard input mightily on NT, but that's not that big an issue
in Zope.  Hmmm, I could dig up the code and try it out if anyone wants me to.