[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Alpha of ODP Viewer product

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:21:20 -0400

"Andrew M. Kuchling" wrote:

> Maik Roeder writes:
> >What do you mean by "get the *real* XML dumps into Zope" ?
>
> Various pieces don't expect to handle 45Mb of input data.  For
> example, ZPublisher.Client handles file uploads by reading all the
> data into memory, and it dies; pcgi-wrapper tries to read all of stdin
> and also dies, etc.  I'm trying to do it from the monitor_client with
> the following incantation:
>
> import Zope ; a=Zope.app()
> a.manage_addProduct['XMLDocument'].add(a,
>                    id='s1', title='Structure',
>                    file=open('structure.rdf', 'r') )
>
> I haven't made this work yet, and suspect this is also choking
> somewhere along the way.  Anyone from Digicool ever tried to shovel
> this much data into an XMLDocument?

Sub transactions can help in this particular case, I believe.  A quick
glance at the XMLDocument code looks like it doesn't use subtransactions
like File objects do (see lib/python/OFS/Image.py manage_addFile
method).

I could be wrong, but it looks like a pretty simple change.  Amos?

-Michel