[Zope-dev] the right way to do wiki in zope ?

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:47:52 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On 17 Aug 1999, Simon Michael wrote:

> Anthony, thanks for your comments.
> Correct me if I'm misunderstanding - do you mean the folder can
> contain multiple ZikiBits - subclasses of DTML Doc - each one of which
> is a wiki page ?

Yup, a ZikiSpace Object is a Zclass subclassing from DTML Doc which has
one subobject - a ZikiBit which corresponds to a WikiBit.  This implies
that to access a wiki node (ZikiBit) you goto:

	http://ZikiServer/<ZikiSpace>/<ZikiBit>

If you add a ZikiSpace to toplevel then everyone can link to the ZikiSpace
by going to http://ZikiServer/mystuff/<ZikiSpace>/<ZikiBit>.

> Is it better to build a simplified ziki_edit mechanism or should we
> leverage zope's existing manage_* methods, I wonder.

I think we need a ZikiEdit method and disallow manage_ZikiBit because you
don't want users editting permissions & other bits.  You just want to
allow a page of text only.

> Time for me to get friendly with zclasses!

Ta-ta!

I want to add a ZikiSpace to the ZPT for everyone to contrib
Documentation.

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder