[Zope-dev] XMLDocument appears to leak memory

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:37:55 +0200

Hi there,

I think I've seen an earlier report and I'd like to confirm this. XML
Document appears to leak memory pretty badly:

* When rendering it with DTML to HTML, Zope's memory use often goes up a
few kilobytes. Not all the time, it appears, but a reload often does the
trick.

* It also appears that doing a DOM manipulation (for instance
appendChild) increases Zope's memory use significantly; by a few 10s of
k.

Now, I'm using some external methods to render and manipulate this
document, so I may be introducing some circular references there
instead. I'll try to find a simple test case. Zope's memory use is
easily driven up by a couple of megabytes in a short time by what I'm
doing, which is rather annoying.

Anyone has any idea on what may be going on?

Regards,

Martijn