[Zope-dev] Server push and Zope

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:54:44 -0500

At 01:55 PM 11/30/99 -0500, Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:
>Has anyone written ExternalMethods or DTML pages that do server push?
>It was probably impossible with Zope1 because of the single thread,
>but with Zope2 it might be possible to start a new subthread to
>service each push-receiving client.

I haven't done server-push, but I have done immediate write (using
RESPONSE.write(), which is the first thing you'll need.  To be honest,
though, I haven't tried it under ZServer, and I only used it once.  The
tricky bit is that once you start doing "hot" output, any errors are not
going to be output cleanly.