[Zope-dev] Re: Eliminating forced HEAD/TITLE/BASE HREF - followup

Tom Neff tneff@bigfoot.com
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:21:10 -0500

I didn't see Jim Fulton's response until after posting my own workaround to
the previous Digest.

I am using Zope 2.1.0 beta 2 on FreeBSD 3.0, and it works great.

Jim wrote:
> If I create a page (in 2.1) I don't get them.

When I read this I went back and tried to find out when it does and doesn't
happen.

If I create a new DTML Method called 'junk', the entire source of which is

	Hello world!

i.e., no DTML tags or HTML tags or anything, just that string... then the
HTTP output from ZServer (after the headers) is exactly as Jim describes: my
source string sent back to me, with no embellishments.

	telnet my.machine 8080
	GET /junk HTTP/1.0
	HTTP/1.0 200 OK
	Server: Zope/Zope 2.1.0b2 (source release, python 1.5.2, linux2)
ZServer/1.1b1