[Zope-dev] Shutting down ZServer

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:01:19 -0500 (EST)

We're experimenting with Zope 2.1 and FastCGI; this marks the first
time I've seriously used ZServer, and I have a possibly silly
question.  An odd behaviour I've noticed is that 'Shutdown' on the
Control Panel isn't shutting down Zope; while the usual SystemExit
traceback is printed, the Zope process hangs around, preventing
FastCGI from starting a new Zope server on the next request.

Before I spend some time tracking this down, I want to be sure that
this isn't expected behaviour; should ZServer be shut down
differently, by some means other than the control panel?

    "I thought you could foretell the future?"
    "I don't need to know the future. When the future's over, then it's me..."
    -- Orpheus and Death, in SANDMAN: "The Song of Orpheus"