[Zope-dev] Re: Zope ISP'ing (was ZODB DA)

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Wed, 08 Dec 1999 14:08:11 -0500

Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
> > This sort of scheme could be achieved with relatively minor extensions
> > to user databases and storages. For example you could problably
> > use an accounting storage that wrapped another storage (much
> > like DemoStorage or Ty Sarna's CompressedStorage do).
>
> IMO an easy way to hook up multiple storages is still desirable. For one
> you can mix non-versioning storages with versioning ones or even more
> fancy things like read only (cd-rom based ones) with the regular
> FileStorage.

Absolutely, but having multiple DBs is harder than implementing
an accounting model, so the best way to achiev *this* goal is
with an accounting model. Furthermore, I think that an
accounting-based approach has advantages over the multi-db
approach.

Jim

repeats.