[Zope-dev] Re: Zope ISP'ing (was ZODB DA)

technews@egsx.com technews@egsx.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:14:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

We provide Zope services to support our sites.  Now we have four sites on
the same machine, and we had to have one installation per site.  Each site
uses its own ZServer, Zope.cgi file, var dir.  We tried to get all of them
to share the same library but we wre unable to do that.  So we decided to
provide Zope hosting based on the size of the Data.fs used.  For example
our hosting package allowed for 50 megs, now we can apply the same scheme
to this without having to worry about who is doing what.  It is also
easier when configuring the Apache rewrite rules that way.. No need to use
the SiteRoot/SiteAccess which gave us too much headache.

Adonis