[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Zope direction and 2.2 roadmap...

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 16:15:09 -0500

> >Now that Zope 2.1.0 is out the door, we at DC want to let
> >the community know our direction and the "roadmap" leading
> >to 2.2. In a nutshell, our direction and focus will be on
> >usability. Making it easier to get things done with Zope has
> >been a recurring theme on the lists lately, and we will be
> >working to make progress on this front. For 2.2, here is the
> >short list of we will be working on:
>
> Any plans to include the new "local" and "set" tags I
> submitted for perusal
> a month or two ago?  Thanks.

The subject of DTML is a volatile one at the moment, as I'm
sure you've seen from the list :) One of the big goals for
2.2 is to see how effective the integration of Python Methods
is at reducing the necessity for complexity in DTML. The
hope is that PMs will help reduce the need to introduce ever
more constructs into DTML, so I plan to wait a while so that
we can evaluate the results of the PM effort before adding
anything more to the DTML core.

I will definitely be interested in feedback from Zopistas on
the effect of PMs on the sort of problems that tags like "local"
and "set" propose to solve.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909