[Zope-dev] ZClass shows properties of parent

Loren Stafford lstaffor@dynalogic.com
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 16:01:55 -0800 (PST)

When I try to access the properties of my ZClass, I
get the properties of the containing object instead.
Can anyone see why?

I have a "members" folder that contains instances of
my ZClass "MemberRecordClass". That class is not based
on any other class except the default class (is that
SimpleClass?). Its objects just contain properties,
such as "member_name", "member_email", etc. The IDs of
instances are the same as the login IDs of
authenticated users.

From another unrelated folder, I access the member
records with DTML like this:

<dtml-with members>
  Object: "<dtml-var
"_[AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()]" html_quote>";
  <dtml-with "_[AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()]">
  id: "<dtml-var id>"; propertyItems: "<dtml-var
propertyItems>"
  </dtml-with>
</dtml-with>

But I get output like this:

Object: "<MemberRecordClass instance at 016A8CA0>";
id: "lstaffor"; propertyItems: "[('title', 'Member
Records')]"

The title "Member Records" os a property of the
"members" folder, not of the member record object. The
object description and the object id, however,
correspond to a member record instance.

This happens both with Zope 2.0.1 ane 2.1.0.

-- Thanks
-- Loren

=====
Loren Stafford      mailto:lstaffor@dynalogic.com