[Zope-dev] CVS

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:48:16 +0000

Robin Becker wrote:

> In article <38568049.7D5DB53B@digicool.com>, Jim Fulton
> <jim@digicool.com> writes

> >> There was a problem with the mirroring software, which lead to updates
> >> being delayed yesterday evening (over the course of around two hours)
> >> and on friday, for i'm not sure how long.  (The problem was actually
> >> with the version of rsync we were running on the mirror host - after
> >> some flailing with our driver script, upgrading from rsync 2.1.1 to
> >> 2.3.1 was the solution, sigh.)

> >> Sorry about that - check and see if you get the right thing now!  Let me
> >> know if you continue to have problems.
> >
> >He may also be seeing checkins made on the 2.1 branch
> >(CVS tag Zope-2_1_0).  We (I :) still need to merge some of these
> >into the main branch.
> >
> >Jim

> OK that may be part of the missing stuff.

You can spot checkins in release-specific branches by the 4-part
(rather than two-part) version numbers.

> I know I always seem to get
> icons mangled. Are they not marked as binary?

Yes.

> I use win32 and this is
> always a problem. Should I always be using a -kb flag?

This shouldn't be necessary unless you add something, which
you can't. :)

Maybe there's a problem with your cvs client's handling
of binary data on win32?

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.