[Zope-dev] Python Methods commited

Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:52:46 +1100

>>> Evan Simpson wrote
> > * Object traversal, and traversal_subpath
>
> In retrospect, these aren't necessary if people are willing to use
> SiteAccess.  If they prove to be popular, you should probably remove their
> "magical" quality and put an "Allow traversal?" checkbox on the main edit
> form.

I'd _really_ prefer it to stay. SiteAccess rules really do tend to
be an utter bastard to debug, particularly compared to pythonmethods.

And I don't want to _think_ about trying to put a siteaccess rule into
a ZClass.

> That reminds me: Do you know why tuple, list, map, reduce, and filter aren't
> surfaced?  Is it the "risk" of turning strings into lists?

Given how PythonMethods mean you're actually writing python, I'm finding
that you pretty quickly notice the lack of some of these. (For a quick
example, start writing ZCatalog based things in a PM - things like
uniqueValuesFor return tuples, but searchResults will only accept a list..
bah).

Anthony