[Zope-dev] ANN: ZScript 0.5 - DTML without the punctuation

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 10:06:11 -0400

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> Way cool.  Guess I can simplify the ZScript code a bit now, and drop out
> the return tag stuff.  :)
>
> I'm also feeling a certain amount of ego inflation since I can now bag
> bragging rights for having proposed and/or contributed code for, three
> 'core DTML' tags.

Actually 4: 'with', 'call', 'let' and 'return'.

> By the way - why did you make return an always-loaded tag instead of a
> dynamically loaded one the way let, try, raise, with, etc. are?

Because I needed to import the module, which also exports an exception
type that gets used in exception handlers in DT_String and DT_Try.
(Return values are propigates via an exception.)

Jim

repeats.