[Zope-dev] return tag exception, new ZPublisher stuff

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 11:55:16 -0500

At 10:06 AM 7/1/99 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
>Because I needed to import the module, which also exports an exception
>type that gets used in exception handlers in DT_String and DT_Try.
>(Return values are propigates via an exception.)

Duh.  I didn't think about that part, because in the ZScript module, the
try block that does that is in the same module where the exception is
defined.  :)  Actually, it's kind of funny - at first when I looked at your
code, I thought you had lifted it from the example in ZScript, and then I
realized we just both did the exact same thing: copied the code from the
'var' tag and hacked on it a little.  :)

Speaking of peeking over your shoulder, I see some new goodies appearing in
ZPublisher's type marshalling code.  If you have a moment to comment on the
new "record" type, I'd love to know what's up with that.  If not, that's
cool, I'll just try and figure it out from the source.  :)