[Zope-dev] Zcatalog : Indexing and searching UTF-8 encoded Ch inese

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:38:59 -0400

Yes, I doubt if ZCatalog is fully urf-8 aware.  ZTables, which bits of
ZCatalog are based on, has been problematic for some of our overseas
customers.

> Would you consider to include support of unicode in zcatalog?

We'll probably go even farther than that and support Vocabulary objects.
Vocab objects will let you define your own stopwords, stemming rules,
etc.  That way, the very english oriented text indexing machinery can be
made language neutral by abstracting out all the language specific stuff
into a Vocab object.

This is, however, a bit on the back burner, it might take a while for me
to get to it.

Unless, of course, you'd like to volunteer?  ;)

-Michel