[Zope-dev] Undocumented? changes to CopySupport.py

Robert Leftwich robert@leftfieldcorp.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:33:41 +1000

While testing my application under Zope2.0.0b1 I noticed that it no
longer cut and pasted correctly. After a bit of digging I found that
CopySupport.py no longer calls _postCopy() after doing a copy or paste.
As I need to do some post-copy/paste processing I have implemented
_postCopy() in my objects. The code in CopySupport.py calls
manage_AfterClone after doing a copy but there is no equivalent call
after a paste.
Note that the class CopySource (which is documented as an 'Interface for
objects which allow themselves to be copied.') still has _postCopy() as
a member function.

Is this an oversight or is it a design decision ?

Are there any other changes like this and if so, are they documented and
where ? If not, any hints as to what might have changed would be
appreciated :-) and I will attempt to document them.

Robert Leftwich