[Zope-dev] Dont import from BoboPOS

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:33:38 -0400

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> [...]

It took me a while to remember what happenned.  When we first released
Zope, we started using BoboPOS as a package.  Prior to that, we simply
included it's modules in the Python path.  PersistentMapping then
effectively moved into the BoboPOS package.  Shortly thereafter
I decided to create a separate Persistence module that has the Persistent
and PersistentMapping classes.  This was never advertized as ir should
have been.

BTW, It can cause other serious problems to import both ZODB3 and BoboPOS
in the same programs.  I'll take some steps in Zope 2.0 alpha 2,
which I want to release today, to prevent this from happening.

Jim

repeats.