[Zope-dev] Publishing DTML Documents with an external method, and an odd side question question

Michael Collins Michael_Collins@amchoor.ndim.edrc.cmu.edu
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:42:36 -0400

I hate to whine with 'help me' questions, so my apologies ahead of time.

I can understand how you generate an HTML file using
DocumentTemplate.HTMLFile, but I'm trying to figure out how to use it with
objects.  Here's what I ideally want to do: I have an external method which
I'll call with a parameter and some hidden state information, and it should
use that information to look up one of a group of web pages (which I'm storing
in the same folder as DTML Documents) and return the appropriate page.  I
originally tried just returning the assigned DTML page, but the document comes
back in 'safe' html (all the <'s have been converted to &lt's and so on).

Incidentally, looking at this and the ZDP and not wanting to impose too much,
does anyone have starting points as to what files I should look at to
understand how ZOPE is publishing objects?  I'd like to know how gets and puts
are stored, and how the various index_html objects are actually rendered and
put on screen rather than continually coming back.