[Zope-dev] regex vs. re

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:40:00 -0500

Thanks.  I was more looking for reasons for or against *me* using re, not
lobbying for Zope to go one way or the other.  I was curious whether there
were ones besides "it works, don't fix it" that would impact my own code.
(E.g. speed, bugs in re, etc.)  As it happened, after reading up on both
regex and re, re had features that made things much easier for what I was
doing (e.g. lookahead assertions) and so I went with that for the new code.
 I will try to stick with regex/t_regex for anything I want to contribute
for inclusion back into Zope (e.g. DocumentTemplate extensions), however.