[Zope-dev] Heads-up to ZODB 3 and Zope public CVS users

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:38:38 -0400

I just checked in a bunch of Python *and* C changes
that implement "subtransactions".  These let you essentially
checkpoint work to save memory and throw away partial
results without bailing on an entire transaction.  I've also
updated File and Image objects to take advantage of this
feature. (See lib/python/OFS/Image.py if your curious.) I'll be
updating the UML model soon to give more information.

If you cvs update your ZODB package, you *must* recompile your
ZODB binary extensions (at least cPickleCache) as the Python
changes depend on the C changed.

Jim

repeats.