[Zope-dev] Documentation Announcement

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:18:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Pam Crosby wrote:

> Hello Zope Community,
>
> Digital Creations is dedicated to provide up to date documentation.  I
> have accepted the technical writer position to provide a focal point for
> all documents.   We are commited to producing quality document and have
> established a plan to deliver.  As part of our new documentation
> process, we will not release a new version until it is reasonably
> documented.  The technical writer will publish the documents on the
> http://www.zope.org site.  Along with new releases, bundled text files
> (changes.txt, install.txt & readme.txt) will provide necessary
> information about the individual projects.
>
> All DC documents will be available as Guides and HowTo's.  The Guides
> and  HowTo's will be available on the new Zope site and it promises to
> be exciting.  In the works is the Zope Developer's Guide (ZDG) and the
> Zope Administration Guide (ZAG). The developer's guide will contain
> information targeted towards the developers.  The administration guide
> will provide tidbits helpful for the content managers.
>
> Please feel free to submit suggestions for documentation efforts, they
> should be posted to Collector.  Thanks and hello!

You guys should change the Zope Developers Guide to the Zope Integrator's
Guide (ZIG). That way you could  put it together with the Zope
Administration Guide and have  Zig-Zag!

Oh boy, it hurts to be this lame...
<sigh>

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -