[Zope-dev] External method pulling data from an SQL method?

julian@zereau.net julian@zereau.net
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:30:59 -0000 (GMT)

I am using PostgreSQL's array system for a "categories" field in a database, it
return records in a format like:
'{"foo"}'
'{"foo","bar"}'
'{"foo"}'

I am trying to extract the list of unique categories - in this example:
["foo","bar"]

This would be a complete nuisance to do in DTML. I have decided to read the SQL
method's results into an external method and edit them there - but first I need
to know how to call a SQL method without the "in" DTML tag.

Or maybe there is a simpler solution to all this, for any PostgreSQL gurus out
there??

---
Julian Morrison
Programmer (Zereau Ltd)