[Zope-dev] Features / Demos want

Mike Pelletier mike@compar.com
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:41:19 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Kent Sin wrote:

> 1. Auto (dynamic) Site map generation. A branch can be excluded by
> assigning a specific attribute to the folder.
> 2. Auto menu generation. Nodes with specific attribute on it. Can be
> horizontal or vertical. Just like in Zope's site.
> 3. News page generation. With automatic expire by designated date.
> 4. Ad banner insertation and billing management.
> 6. Expire pages by designated date. (will remove them from menu)
> 8. Personalize : like that on excite.
> 10. Support Spiders
> 12. A better WYSIWYG authoring tool.

    I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by saying so, but I'm thinking
these are things that are outside the scope of Zope and what DC is looking to
provide.  Unless you pay them.  I understand they're like trained seals where
money's involved.  ;-)

    However, they're GREAT "third-party opportunities" (to borrow from Be
lingo)!  Thanks for the ideas!  Feel free to send any other objects,
applications or tools you'd like to see directly to my personal mailbox.  Or,
yeah, like, maybe the rest of the list would be interested, too...

--
       ---              | Mike Pelletier             Work: 519-746-1607
        /opeware!       | Software Developer         Home: 519-725-7710