[Zope-dev] Changes to error handling output - where?

skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:58:46 -0500

I'm interested in making a change to the way errors are reported, but I'm
having a hard time nailing down where the changes need to be made.

(All statements reflect what I see in 1.9.0. I'm moving toward 1.10.2, but
am not quite there.)

I'd like BOBO_DEBUG_MODE/Z_DEBUG_MODE to accept three values: 0 & 1 would
have the same effect as they currently do.  For any other value, I'd like
the system to treat the value as an email address & subject and mail the
traceback to the given address using the given subject.  For example, a
value something like "skip@mojam.com:Bobo Traceback" would send a message to
skip@mojam.com with a subject of "Bobo Traceback" containing the traceback.

I've been able to figure out that BOBO_DEBUG_MODE and Z_DEBUG_MODE are
fiddled in ZPublisher.Publish.get_module_info, but I can't see where
bogosities in executed methods are caught and handled.  Any pointers would
be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Skip Montanaro	| Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/