[Zope-dev] Zope.org public CVS, preliminary trial [Correction!]

klm@digicool.com klm@digicool.com
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:00:39 -0500 (EST)

[Correction - the following URL corrects the one in my previous
message!  ken again.]

Hi, all.  As threatened, i've set up a public CVS repository for the
Zope sources, and left instructions for using it at

	http://www.zope.org/Community/Services/CVS_public_access

Consider this a preliminary trial.  I'd appreciate if interested folks
would give it a try, and let me know if you have problems (or find
mistakes in the instructions, etc).  Once things are ironed out we'll
organize the services pages a bit and hook it all up for general
consumption.

We've recently arranged the CVS distribution to enable running
directly from the checked out sources (ie, following the
distribution's doc/INSTALL.txt instructions).  This also is only
lightly tested, and would be interested in finding out how that works
for people.

Finally, my next task is to write up instructions for mirroring your
own Zope CVS repositories to Zope.org, for public access.  Let me know
if you have something substantial that you'd like to distribute this
way - i'd like to start with just a few folks, to iron it out, before
going large scale, but it is on the way (i think:).

Let me know how it goes!

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com