[Zope-dev] the mad cookie (tm), and a bug with IE 3.x

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 07:05:45 -0500

Jephte wrote:
> I wonder... in lib/python/Products/OFSP/Session.py, the expiring date
> for the cookie is commented out. According to the specs, this
> mean that
> the cookie expires when you close the browser. Does this mean that
> a session last only until the browser is closed? The information about
> the open session must be stored elsewhere.

Correct, the changes are stored in the database of uncommitted
transactions on the server.

BTW, thanks to Michel Pelletier here, the word "Session" has now been
stricken and replaced, as long promised, by "Version".  Those of you
checking out Zope from CVS might notice this.

Michel also starting work on renaming and fixing Principia Drafts, as
well as work on an honest-to-goodenss Session object.  Oh, and he also
gave a *killer* demo of NotMail yesterday.  He has hooked the folders to
the tree tag and implemented a connection manager object that
dramatically speeds up response time.

Unfortunately he's out for a week. :^)

Those of you doing a CVS checkout might also find out our big
announcement for today.

--Paul