[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] sequence of numbers

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 12:28:23 -0500

Bill wrote:
> I notice that range() is not in the list of attributes for
> '_'. Is there any
> special reason for this? If it was there, I could do this:
> 	<!--#in "_.range(slen)"-->

Because someone could do a range over 4 billion things and eat up all
the memory on the system.  DTML tries pretty hard to keep other people
from doing awful things.  Sometimes this gets in the way.

> Will it work to add "range" to the list of built-ins in line 185 of
> lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py (line number matches
> version 1.50)?

If it works for you, and you feel comfortable with it, then go for it.
Ain't open source wonderful? :^)

> I've redirected this followup to Zope-dev, as I think I'm
> talking more about
> development issues now, than a simple language quesiton.

I agree.

--Paul