[Zope-dev] bug in IE 3.x

Service Informatique CHSR chsrinfo@guetali.fr
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:23:13 +0400

Hello,

I found another bug in IE 3.x: it doesn't expire cookie!!!

This is very annoying, because:

- I use UserDb for its ability to 'logout' someone
- I can't consider for the moment using something else than
IE 3.x for my users.

About the last point:
- IE 4.x consume far too much resources, and i don't want to install it for
my users, who have old machines.
- Netscape Navigator 3.x and 4.x have problem with style sheet (they ignore
the font specification in the style sheet) and nested tables (the columns
of a table that is inside another table aren't properly aligned).

So the "best" choice is IE 3.x, but apparently, the method used to expire
the cookie is not supported by IE 3.x (that is, setting a cookie that has an
expiration date already passed)
What about the new cookie specification? I remember i saw a
ExpireCookie header (but perhaps i'm fool???)

What can I do to solve that problem?

Thanks, Jephte CLAIN
Service Informatique CHSR