[Zope-dev] New version of the MailHost Product

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:49:17 +0100

As promised, I made a new patch for the MailHost product.

After previous suggestions made by me, DC updated the MailHost object to,
among others encode the body of ALL messages to Quoted-Printable. This
however breaks those messages that take care of their own encoding, or use
multipart tricks. Confera reply notification were broken because of this,
for example.

My patch updates the MailHost Product to version 1.1.0. Encoding is now
optional, set with the 'encode' attribute to the <!--#sendmail--> tag. You
can now choose from base64, uuencode and quoted-printable encoding.

I also made sure MailHost permissions show up in the Folder security
screens, so MailHost objects can acquire them from a Folder.

Oh, and I also added a version.txt file, so the Products screen shows the
MailHost version.

You can download the patch from:
  http://www.xs4all.nl/~zmj/Zope/

MailHost.txt reads:
  This patch updates the MailHost Product that comes with Zope version
  1.10.2 to version 1.1.0.

  Features Added

    - Sendmail tag now has optional encode attribute, which results
      in the body of the email message being encoded using the
      designated encoding, and the proper headers being added.
      Choices are: base64, quoted-printable and uuencode.

    - The version number is now visible in the Product screen

  Bugs Fixed

    - MailHost object permissions now show op in the security list of
      Folder objects.

  Applying The Patch

    Execute the command 'patch -E < path/to/MailHost.diff' in the
    lib/python/Products/MailHost directory. The -E switch will remove
    empty files (there will be one). If all goes according to plan,
    you can then remove all .orig files. Don't forget to restart Zope.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer