[Zope-dev] BoboPOS component

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:07:28 -0500

Jeff wrote:
> I've noticed on the components page that ZPublisher and
> ZTemplates are available, but no BoboPOS.  I can slice
> BoboPOS out of the normal Zope source distribution, but
> was curious if there was a reason not to release it as
> a component.

The reason?  Oversight.  I'd like to see the 1.11 release establish a
pattern where there are separate downloads for Python (the bulk of the
binary release is Python) and a number of separate packages including
the database.

> Even more trivially:  What is the new 'Z' nomenclature
> for the persistent store?  ZPOS? ZBase? ZPersist?

I'd also like to settle on the final name for the database.  Choices
are:

a. ZDB
b. ZBase
c. ???