[Zope-dev] Re: [ZDP] Re: [Zope] Searching a Zope site (in the traditional way)

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
19 Mar 1999 17:34:41 -0800

Martijn Pieters <mj@antraciet.nl> writes:

> * obj_permission -- (optional) To be used together with obj_roles. Check if
> the roles specified by obj_roles have the obj_permission permission. Only
> these objects are included in the results.
>
> * obj_roles -- (optional) List of roles to check for obj_permission access.
> See obj_permission.

Could you, Martijn, or someone else, please say a little more about
the above ?

I really, *really* would like to see the code which tests whether the
AUTHENTICATED_USER has (eg) read permission for a given object. I've
studied the zope code and the docs. It fried my brain.

But for this hangup, my client's extranet would be running on zope
right now. More context at
http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-January/003108.html

Also the original poster might find this helpful:
http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-January/003525.html

Regards,
-Simon