[Zope-dev] ANNOUNCE: The Instance Product Patch

Mike Pelletier mike@compar.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:19:28 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Paul Everitt wrote:

> Gregor wrote:
> > I wonder if there is support for adding something like an optional
> > LOCAL_HOME. If not, the package maintainers will have to add them
> > unofficially.

> Scott Robertson had sent us some patches related to this that
> unfortunately are going to take some bandwidth to think about. Supporting
> previous database, where the pickles have the paths to the modules
> recorded in them, is apparently tricky business.

> Until then, feel free to experiment with Scott's patches and see what you
> folks think.

    Is anyone trying to take this a step further and roll individual instances
into a single DB and server instance?  Or am I the only person who thinks that
would be useful, and I should just get off my butt and try it myself?

Mike.

--
       ---              | Mike Pelletier             Work: 519-746-1607
        /opeware!       | Software Developer         Home: 519-725-7710