[Zope-dev] New Counter Product

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:56:52 +0100

At 06:16 25/03/99 , Jordan B. Baker wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Paul Everitt wrote:
>
>> There is a way to make your objects "sticky", i.e. they won't be
>> deactivated.  But Jim isn't comfortable documenting it.
>>
>> Sticky appears to be the operative term here...
>>
>> --Paul
>
>How about adding notification before an object is about to swapped out?
>That would be the time to store this value away permanently...

That would be something for a new Event structure in Zope. I think there
are already too many different notification calls...

A Event handling mixin would be nice... you know, registering which Events
are available on a given object, registering of event listeners, standards
towards canceling events.... Are there any ideas/plans on this DC?

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer