[Zope-dev] ImapAdapter fails with 1.11.0.pr11

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 5 May 1999 19:52:05 -0400

This is probably known, but just in case it's not...

I tried this with a CVS checkout of ImapAdapter, and Notmail.

I also tried it with the last unsupported release as well.

And .. I'm using 1.11.0pr11 on Win32, but I also did a full checkout from
CVS today at 6pm EST, same results.

  File E:\Zope\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 255, in
publish_module
  File E:\Zope\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 145, in publish
  File E:\Zope\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\BaseRequest.py, line 398, in
traverse
  File lib/python/Products/IMAPAdapter/IMAPAdapter.py, line 208, in
validate
    (Object: acl_users)
AttributeError: __getslice__

in ImapAdapter, Validate I'm getting an attribute error on __getslice__
on line  208

	if string.lower(auth[:6])!='basic ':
           	 return None

Looking through the trace, I think baserequest is passing in None for
auth, so I added..

        # Only do basic authentication
        if auth = None :
            return None

This however gives me a new traceback..

  Sorry, the requested Zope resource does not exist.<p>Check the URL
and try again.<p>
<!--

<!--
NotMail instance at 00EB59C0
-->
-->

  File E:\Zope\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 255, in
publish_module
  File E:\Zope\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 163, in publish
  File E:\Zope\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line 289,
in setBody
  File E:\Zope\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line 499,
in notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)

This has me stumped, it's still there!

Oh well, I've been trying to get NotMail to work since the beginning, and
never seem to be able to get the correct combination of components to
make it work.. :-(

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937