[Zope-dev] complex zope applications

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 21 May 1999 15:37:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Scott Lewis wrote:

> here's the problem. the full (larger) scope of the project is now
> becoming clear. to model all the data will probably require 18-20
> tables. working with the data will require 3 or 4 separate
> applications.

I have no experience with relational databases but if you can 'factor out'
the common behaviour of your applications then you can add the relevant
SQL methods, external methods etc in a top level folder and let subfolders
acquire it.

Nevertheless I have read about many complicated RDBM apps implemented in
Zope on this list so I hope that might give you some encouragement!

Good luck

Pavlos