[Zope-dev] y2k

Sun, 23 May 1999 01:00:04 +1000

>>> "Rod." wrote
> I hope this is the right place to ask.. a thousand apologies in advance if it
> isnt!
> My workplace uses Zope quite heavily for internal database work, and
> management wants to know if its y2k compliant.

Hm. Can't remember if this is on the Zope site or not.
Zope's date/times are in the DateTime module. The correct operation of
this depends on your python implementation being compliant, which
largely depends on your C library being compliant.

Of course, you can still write stupid code that's got 2-digit years in it,
which will crash and burn badly. But that shouldn't be a problem.

> I assumed it was (being so clevery designed, with a modern language like
> python) but an official thumbs up from someone who is familliar with
> its internals would be most appreciated.

Well most of the DC guys are at Linuxworld, so I don't know that you'll
see one in the next couple of days.

Check the www.python.org website, too.
http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#2.11

> Rod Palmer is a connect.com.au development thing-amy.
> bwarff@connect.com.au +61 3 9251 3650

Anthony, who used to be a connect.com.au development thingy, but who
got better :)