[Zope-dev] The Zope CGI executable, rewriting URLs on IIS

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Sat, 29 May 1999 21:04:30 +0200

Local named pipes are much faster than TCP sockets on NT because
connections are not routed through the networking layer, but are
directly by the kernel. On NT LANs, named pipes is the most efficient
IPC mechanism; if you go over a slow link (eg., WAN) you're right -- TCP
definitely rules.

As for your #2, give me a clue as to why you'd want to run Zope on a
Win9x box. When did Win9x become a server OS? Never mind the fact that
the wrapper service that comes with Zope will not run on Win9x, and the
executable CGI wrapper won't work without it.

I'm almost done with the ISAPI port now. It is based on Brian Lloyd's
code, which uses named pipes.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"It has taken the planet Earth 4.5 billion years to discover it is