[Zope-dev] Strings as input to the in tag: inconsistent

Thilo Mezger thilo@eevolute.com
Sun, 30 May 1999 18:54:09 +0200

Jim Fulton wrote:

> No. I can't even believe it. ;) I certainly can't repoduce it.
> The in tag is not willing to iterate over a string and _.string.uppercase
> is a string.

again, i have created a dtml document which looks like this:

	<!--#var standard_html_header-->
	<h2><!--#var title_or_id--></h2>
	<!--#in mystring-->
	  <!--#var sequence-item-->
	<!--#/in-->
	<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

"mystring" is a string property of this document and the in tag is
iterating over this string just like you would expect python to iterate
over a string.  no problems at all and i find this very convenient.

how can i make you believe that this is working on my machine?  you can
find the document at:

	http://www.eevolute.com/Zope/Thilo/instring

no, i'm not trying to fool you - this "instring" document looks exactly
like the DTML code above... :-)

cheers
thilo

ps: somehow i start feeling a little bit strange with so many people
complaining about features not working and i'm complaining that something
is working that should not work... :-)