[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] xmlrpc calls require string results?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 13:10:36 -0500

Dan Pierson wrote:

>     def subject_count(self):
>         ''' gives count of subject topics defined'''
>         return self.has_subjects()
>
>     def item_count(self):
>         return len(self.data)
>
> Maybe this is just a Squishdot problem, but I can't see any significant
> different between subject_count and item_count above, can you?

Which of these things is not like the other? ;)

It doesn't have a doc string, and ZPublisher will not publish a method
that does not have one.

XML-RPC should have better error messages, but it doesn't.  We didn't
put XML-RPC support into Zope, so you would need to talk to the original
author, Eric Kidd of Userland (http://linux.userland.com/)?, or send us
some patches.

-Michel