[Zope-dev] manage_addDTMLMethod/Document taking contents as a rgument?

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:38:37 -0500

> Is there any reason why manage_addDTMLMethod/Document doesn't
> accept the
> new contents as anything other than a file object?
>
> Is something like the following acceptable?
>
> - def addDTMLDocument(self, id, title='', file='',
> REQUEST=None, submit=None):
> + def addDTMLDocument(self, id, title='', file='', data=None,
> REQUEST=None,
> +
>   submit=None):
>       """Add a DTML Document object with the contents of file. If
>       'file' is empty, default document text is used.
>       """
>       if type(file) is not type(''): file=file.read()
> -     if not file: file=default_dd_html
> +     if not file:
> +         if data is not None:
> +             file=data
> +         else:
> +             file=default_dd_html
>       ob=DTMLDocument(file, __name__=id)

Actually, file may be either a file object *or* a string -
you should just be able to do:

self.addDTMLDocument('MyDoc', title='MyTitle', file='my data...')

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909