[Zope-dev] ObjectManagers and their children

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:52:52 -0500

At 02:39 PM 11/12/99 +0000, Ty Sarna wrote:
>In article <3.0.5.32.19991111184711.0132deb0@telecommunity.com>,
>Phillip J. Eby <pje@telecommunity.com> wrote:
>> Actually, here's an unusual manner in which you can do what you want
>> (mostly).  :)
>
>[snip __of__'ing a wrapper trick]
>
>> This is a very ugly kludge, and there are aspects that may not work 100%
>> correctly.  What it does is stick a wrapper around your persistent object
>> which converts __getattr__ to try __getitem__ first.  The kludgy part is
>
>What worries me about thich technique is that other code may break,
>assuming that it's dealing with the true object (or an acquisition
>wrapper, which presumably all Zope code already takes into account ;-)

Not really, since this is the "true object", it just is a bit more complex
than usual.  :)  If another object stores a reference to it, however, they
may not get exactly what they intended upon later un-pickling.  :(