[Zope-dev] A few modifications to the tree tag

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:18:03 +1100

A few modifications, or proposed modifications, to the tree tag:

I wanted to make the tree tag support my SQLSession product, so
that it could store the tree state in the session, rather than in
a cookie. I've created a patch against the current CVS that adds
this - there's a new tree tag option, 'store_session', which when
set will use the session to store the tree state. Yay. no more
annoying cookie warning dialog boxes.

Patch is at http://www.zope.org/Members/anthony/patches/

The second point, would a patch to allow a 'prefix' for the tree-[ecs]
options be a useful thing? That way you can have multiple trees on the
same page. So if prefix=foobar, the cookies/form values would be of the
type 'foobartree-e' &c.

Third point: is it worth allowing the tree icons +/- to be overridden?
I thought I remembered someone had done this, but I can't remember it
for sure, and I can't find it in my zope archives...

ta,
Anthony