[Zope-dev] Writing custom folderish products

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:11:45 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm writing a product (in Python, not with ZClasses) which consists of:
>
> form - a folderish object to which you can add..
> fields - a number of SimpleItemish objects that can be added to a form
>
> What I have working:
>
> * I can make the form behave like a folder by deriving it from
> OFS.ObjectManager
>
> * I have a number of fields that can be added anywhere in the Zope tree
>
> What I want to reach is this situation:
>
> * I want the form to behave like an folder, but only fields should be
> addable.
>
> and
>
> * Fields should not be addable anywhere but in a form.
>
> What set of incantations would accomplish this? Any example source? Or
> Zope source code I should study? Anything? Any hint in the right
> direction would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

Use VisualZope.  The Forms are XML Documents, Widgets - folderish items
containing other bits 'n pieces.

Remember, the XML Document Element functions can be applied to anything in
Zope (check lib/python/Ofs/ZDOM.py for more info).

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder