[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Zope-2.1.0b2 fails on access to management screen

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:02:10 +0100

At 17:52 19-11-99 , Jim Cain wrote:
>I tried the above changes, but I still got the same error.
>
>Then I tried removing things altogether, one at a time. Finally I
>discovered that by removing the first %d on line 225 and self.addr[1] on
>line 226, while leaving everything else alone, it works fine.
>
>One curious thing though: When I run it this way, the line it writes in
>the log file begins with ^D. Where is that character coming from?

Eh? This suggests that self.addr[1] is now broken, which means that it was
previously (older Zope version) wasn't working either.. And I don't get the
^D either.

Do you know how to use the Perl Debugger? I think a few debugging steps are
in order here. Insert the lines

         import pdb
         pdb.set_trace()

somewhere before the offending lines (for example, at 222), start Zope in
debugging mode (so it won't detach from the console). Then, when you go to
your site and your pdb statements are executed, you can follow exactly what
goes wrong where, and why.

Let us know!

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer