[Zope-dev] Storing changes in ZODB, without keeping oldversions

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:28:15 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> 1. Expensive methods - one use for the zcache is storing expensive methods'
> results without having to run them every time you need their info.

For the same reason I hacked up tmpStorage which stores the results of
expensive methods on the filesystem. It is at:
http://www.zope.org/Members/gaaros/localcookies

> So I'll probably end up using files loaded by __setstate__ into volatile
> variables.

Is this for a read only application? ie what happens when you make
change? Do you want it to propagate to the filesystem?

Pavlos