[Zope-dev] Clarification: Bug patches and Product update

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 16:43:09 +0200

Anthony Pfrunder wrote:
[snip patch to PythonMethods]

Applied it.

> > Studying the code and remembering some trickiness I encountered with
> > ZDOM, I imagine it has to do with the following: when I insert a new
> > node in Python, and then try to refer to that node, it doesn't work.
> > Instead I need to get at the node through the ZDOM (for instance through
> > getNextSibling(), if I just insert it below a node). In that case it
> > does work.
>
> Hmm, when you apply the fix above could you check out my code.  I think
> that is what I did.

I applied the PythonMethods fix, but that's unrelated to the XMLDocument
problems I was talking about, right?

[snip]
> You will still get javascript errors as I still have to rewrite the
> javascript library to use the new event system.  I probably won't get
> around to it until 2 weeks from now (little thing called a thesis...)

Looking at index_html directly with the view tab there helps; I applied
the PythonMethod fix as well. I still get a traceback:

Cannot locate object at:
http://localhost:8080/VisualStudio_Examples/index_html/jscore

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File /home/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 201, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 151, in publish
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 334, in
traverse
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 520, in
debugError
NotFound: (see above)

When I select 'watermark' I get lots of raw HTML, included inside is
this traceback:

Error Type: cPickle.PicklingError
Error Value: Cannot pickle <type 'CMethod'> objects.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File /home/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 201, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: XMLWidgetManagerBase)
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 169, in publish
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 237, in commit
  File /home/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 321, in commit
    (Info: (('Products.XMLDocument.XMLDocument', 'Element'),
'\000\000\000\000\000\000%8', ''))
cPickle.PicklingError: (see above)

I'm just passing along these traceback for information's sake; hopefully
the third release in a few weeks is the one what works straight away. :)

Regards,

Martijn