[Zope-dev] Corrupted Trasaction error and Zope taking down the machine

Jason Spisak webmaster@hiretechs.com
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:32:17 -0400

Well, the OS (RH 6.0) was runing for about three weeks without a
restart, and the only service running on it was Zope.  The machine took
a dive and locked out all input, even the keyboard, to it.  The kernel
wasn't accepting metwork traffic.  After about a ten minute interval I
discovered that it was actually taking input in sputs, so I managed to
get out of X-windows and into an alternate tty.  I shut it down
properly.  Now I have restarted it, and Zope too.  everything seems
okay, so then I go to pack it.  (I had backed up about 3 hours before
this)  Just to get another backup, and I get a Corrupted Transaction
Error:

CorruptedTransactionError</STRONG></P>

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File /Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 201, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Fake)
  File /Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in publish
  File /Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_pack)
  File /Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in call_object
    (Object: manage_pack)
  File /Zope/lib/python/App/ApplicationManager.py, line 337, in
manage_pack
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /Zope/lib/python/ZODB/DB.py, line 514, in pack
  File /Zope/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py, line 773, in pack
    (Object: /Zope/var/Data.fs)
  File /Zope/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py, line 1165, in read_index
  File /Zope/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py, line 214, in panic
CorruptedTransactionError: /Zope/var/Data.fs has invalid transaction
header at 301420091

-->

Help?!

--