[Zope-dev] Clarification: Bug patches and Product update

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 09:00:56 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> > You will still get javascript errors as I still have to rewrite the
> > javascript library to use the new event system.  I probably won't get
> > around to it until 2 weeks from now (little thing called a thesis...)
>
> Looking at index_html directly with the view tab there helps; I applied
> the PythonMethod fix as well. I still get a traceback:
[snip]
> Cannot locate object at:
> http://localhost:8080/VisualStudio_Examples/index_html/jscore

That is the "missing" javascript library but it shouldn't give a
traceback like that.

> When I select 'watermark' I get lots of raw HTML, included inside is
> this traceback:
>
> Error Type: cPickle.PicklingError
> Error Value: Cannot pickle <type 'CMethod'> objects.

[traceback snipped]

Hmm, "pickling error"?  If you click on the widget it should add it to the
body of the form.

I'm not sure why you are getting these tracebacks as I downloaded
everything from the new_html (XMLWidgets, Methods, XML Document + VZ
stuff) and installed it into a clean Zope distribution and tested that it
worked correctly.  When you view index_html it should display "This is an
example of some widgets..." and when you view the source of the frame it
should have a new division and some (incomplete) javascript code.
Clicking on the watermark should add <watermark/> to the end of the
document (and then WILL traceback until you remove the additional
watermark or give it a name attribute).

Anyone else getting these problems?

BTW: Anyone checked out the ZEI?  With a little rewrite of the javascript
code we should have an XMLWidget for visually editing the HTML on both
Netscape & IE!

Cheers,
Anthony Pfrunder